We’re in the midst of January, full of snow and cloudy days. May seems far away but spring will be here in a heartbeat. With spring comes another season of our Farmers Market.
This past season brought new vendors to the market that offered handcrafted furniture, handmade cooking wooden utensils and recycled creative wares, locally made soaps and essential oils, gluten free bakery, fresh eggs, flowers and of course incredible produce – the list goes on.
Last fall however, brought the sad news that one of our long time vendors Ray Eigenberger passed away. Ray also served on the Board of Directors for several years. Ray had a variety of wonderful produce each season, but was known especially for his apples and fresh apple cider that came from his apple orchard. Ray was 82. Please share your condolences with his family.
We’re looking for vendors of all ages – our youngest was 8 last summer – that are passionate about sharing and educating people about their products. We’re growing, so come join us!
A couple updates:
- 2018 market dates – May 19th through October 20 – Saturday mornings next to the Fish Hatchery in the municipal parking lot.
- Vendor applications are available, please download your forms from the DFM website
- CSA shares (Community Supported Agriculture) – from CJ’s Fresh Produce. Place your order when you meet him at the market in May.
- Chef’s Market – Open to chefs, cooks and foodies to pick up produce for the week – Wednesdays – dates to be determined – 9-12 noon in the parking lot.
- Musicians – Saturday dates are filling up. Drop us a note to join the lineup of talented men and women.
- Farmers Market produce bags are for sale for $10/each. Discounts are available for orders of 10 or more bags.
Thank you for your support!
Edna Wilson — Market Manager
Contact us at: email@example.com
P.S. We accept a limited number of same type vendors – i.e. honey, soap, artisans, produce, prepared food – so send in your vendor forms or drop us a note.