The Delafield Farmers Market began in 1991 as an independent, vendor-owned entity. Several revisions later, in 2016, the market has a new board of directors, and is entertaining a new vision of what the market can become.
Our Purpose and Vision
- Promote sustainability – provide direct producer-to-consumer economic opportunities
- “Buy local” – learn from farmers and producers the benefits of using fresh, quality, locally grown, locally crafted produce and products
- Promote locally family owned businesses
- Bring new visitors to Delafield to explore the town and market
- Support local musicians and business sponsors
- Develop connections between health and wellness and whole foods by connecting local health experts with consumers.
- Promote local artisans – photographers, knitters, woodworkers and jewelry makers
Entrepreneurs, farmers and vendors are from southeastern Wisconsin, or in some cases — the Midwest. We have a wide array of locally raised vegetables and fruits which changes from the growing season – May through October, and delicious on-site food including fresh pressed juices, sweets and barbecue.
New this year are a talented group of musicians – guitar, violin, harmonica, banjo, original songs and pop songs – that share their music and voices at the market each Saturday.